Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sheng Bing! 生病 Sick

Posted by Cassie Chao at Tuesday, September 09, 2008
September 9, 2008

So I am currently writing and eating dinner in my room as I type. This is merely because it seems I have already caught a cold! I know, it's extremely unfortunate...Also, I cannot find my Airborne bottle. Go ahead, say it's placebo effect all you want, it works for me! I think I got sick from the air conditioning on full blast last night, which is an utter catastrophe on my part. I had to turn on the air conditioning to "immobilize" the mosquitoes, but now since I am sick, I have to turn it off and get bitten instead.

As an update for yesterday, I got a bug bite on my lower arm which has swollen to the circumference of a hockey puck. I'm wondering what kind of mutated breed of mosquitoes China has been harvesting. Weien's American bug spray apparently had no effect on them whatsoever. Neither did my electric mosquito repellent.

If you didn't know, my classes started yesterday and Chinese has already da wo de pi gu (simply put, smacked my butt). I have way more characters to memorize than Smith in a shorter period of time...Oh, one night. Then the next day we have dictation on another lesson! They say that what we are doing this week is review, and I say "ARE YOU JOKING ME?!" I really can't complain that much since the grade doesn't go on my GPA, just credit and of course I am trying my best. So, as long as I learn something I should be fine!

I rarely have a break in my day to do anything relaxing. Most of my time is spent studying for Chinese actually. Of course time flies when I'm hanging out with the other Alliance kids, but still, there isn't much time to relax without freaking out about dictation! Some kids stay up til 2 a.m. to study for it, and wake up at 6 to keep studying before 9 o'clock class. Intense! Well whatever I'm doing is working for me, so I'll just stick to it.

I said I would post some pictures from the Scavenger hunt, and I did get Weien's pictures today. Thanks WEI-RRR! But, after this post I must finish my dinner and start working on Chinese homework. Can you believe I just got back at 8 p.m. from film class?! I know, extremely late, at least much later than back at Smith, where I get out of class at 11:50 a.m. for the day.

Well back to my 2USD dinner!

All the way from the rainy polluter.

2 comments on "Sheng Bing! 生病 Sick"

Weien on September 10, 2008 at 11:56 PM said...

ZhaoKaiSharrr!

Yeah, Luke puts us to shame studywise. Hey, but I've never seen someone bounce back from a froggy throat so quickly like today, gongxi!

I think my American bugspray would've worked if it wasn't so natural and stuff. :]

Anonymous said...

I knew you sounded a little under the weather. I hope you get over it quickly.

You should've brought that electric tennis racket from home to have some fun with the bugs.

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez