Friday, September 26, 2008

Pre- Silk Road

Posted by Cassie Chao at Friday, September 26, 2008
September 25, 2008

Hey all, I'm heading out of town until October 5th. Alliance Beijing is meeting up with Alliance Shanghai and we'll be traveling the Silk Road together until then. Of course when I get back I will post a nice long post for ya'll with pictures. Let's just hope that my camera battery lasts that long, or I have enough memory for the amount of pictures we'll be taking.

So I had my first bi-weekly test today and it definitely reminded me of tests from Smith. Yes, there was a long essay as well. As usual, I made it up, but it was definitely "sentimental" and had a moral, as all Chinese essays prefer.

The other day I actually blew out all the electricity in my dorm room. It's fixed right now, but I'm hoping I'm not slapped with a huge bill at the end of my stay. Apparently, my charge converter blew up because it was on the wrong power setting. I was using it for the past few weeks with my WaterPik and on Wednesday night, I was holding the pick in one hand and turned it on with the other, and it exploded. I was sure I was going to die. Fortunately for you all, I didn't. :)

I don't think much else has happened since the HuTong post, but do anticipate my posts post-Silk Road trip. It'll be entertaining, just like it will be tonight when we have to sleep on "hard-sleepers" on the train.

Fun... I will post my own images for your enjoyment later.

All the way from hard-knock-sleeper life.

1 comments on "Pre- Silk Road"

Unknown on October 4, 2008 at 7:09 AM said...

bao bei!!! i miss you!! :( and i'm trying to decide whether to go abroad alliance way or taiwan (which i would need to petition) or london or australia or something.

problem is: if i go china, i need to know simplified, riiight? :(
and if i go london...it's expensive hah

tell me if alliance is worth it! or maybe i should just go outside of smith?

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez