Thursday, September 18, 2008

Overdrive

Posted by Cassie Chao at Thursday, September 18, 2008
September 18, 2008

Apparently, I haven't been online for a while. Even if I was, I wouldn't have posted because I have been extremely overwhelmed with all of the Chinese and reading I have to do. Ok, maybe that is somewhat of an overstatement, but other than the fact of memorizing the book, doing homework, and preparing for dictation every night, my "sickness" has not really gotten better. Well, here's the thing, I'm not sick...just coughing...intensely. I have not gone out for the past week, nor do I plan to until I get "better", which I find will not be easy. I'm kind of wondering if it's the pollution in the air causing me congestion, phlegm, all that good and yummy stuff.

I probably will start posting only on weekends, because this is when most of our excursions around Beijing happen. This Saturday, our director is planning on either taking us to the Summer Palace, or the HuTongs (historic alleyways). I pray to get better before then, but my coughing fit doesn't seem to want to subside.

I met my language partner last night, whom is amazing by the way. She is quite tall, if I do say so myself, perhaps it was the high heels... We plan on meeting again on Sunday to work on my Chinese essay...gahhh! I hope she will take me to learn how to bargain in the city...not like I really want to buy any of the clothing here anymore.

I think this is about it for now, perhaps you'll hear from me again on Saturday night, but don't count on it!

All the way from the land of SRAS, read it backwards...and I hope I don't have it.

2 comments on "Overdrive"

Wonderful Sport Horses on September 20, 2008 at 2:57 AM said...

Need to get some 念慈庵蜜炼川贝枇杷膏 !!!

Unknown on September 20, 2008 at 8:55 AM said...

凯珊:
又看到你的博客了,知道你很忙,有那么多要学要看的。咳嗽是否影响睡觉?北京早晚凉,一天中温差大,一定要勤添衣服。希望在去中国西部旅游前不再咳嗽了。
欢迎你来我家,也欢迎你带你的朋友一起来,看看中国人的普通生活。
祝节日愉快!
静珠姨妈
2008,09,20

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez