Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yummy, not so much.

Posted by Cassie Chao at Tuesday, September 02, 2008
September 2, 2008

This morning I got to meet my mother's cousin and her husband, for the very first time. Both of them were professors at Tsinghua university, a prestigious school ranked number one in the nation! They took us around the campus, where the Olympic Marathon passed through.
The blue line is the path the runners took through the school.

I can't say that the local food has been treating me right. Enough said. Not saying the food isn't good because it is amazing-tasting, just hasn't been amazing-feeling.

On a lighter note, I watched the cutest movie today. Really reminded me of Hello Kitty.

Of course this movie ended bittersweet, as all Chinese movies, I have watched, do. But, as always, there is a moral of the story. If you want to know more about this film, go here. The movie is actually a tad bit more sad than the trailer makes it out to be, and definitely not as cheesy. Anyway, it made me cry, laugh, and laugh at crying. Watch it some time. (Columbia Pictures should really pay me for this advertising.)

Well, orientation begins the day after tomorrow, and I get to meet the rest of the students tomorrow. I don't feel ready to start school again. It's unlike me, but I'm actually quite nervous. Apparently, my film teacher was the assistant director of "Farwell My Concubine"!! Hopefully my one semester of intro to film was enough preparation to say something in class. We'll see.

All the way from the FAR east,
Tired and tummy-ached.

0 comments on "Yummy, not so much."

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez