Monday, September 1, 2008

September the First

Posted by Cassie Chao at Monday, September 01, 2008
Today was an extremely long day, as most days are if you start it at 6 in the morning. I'm thinking for this post, I will use mostly pictures to depict the happenings of my day. Of course I do not document every second of my itinerary, so there will be occasional blurbs explaining the picture!

The plan for this morning was to go to the National Olympic Stadium, also known as the Bird's Nest. This architectural gridiron cost over US$400 million, and standing by it's shining glory sure emanated its prodigious worth. Unfortunately, there was somewhat of a barrier standing between myself and this steel-intertwined nest. So...in these pictures I look like I am standing outside of a prison, perhaps a few guards here and there (approximately 100 meters apart from one another).

So we started at the Water Cube, which I have yet to see at night. Wow! Look at my tiny eyes...and no they aren't closed. Hehe.
Then we made our way around the National Stadium...Starting with the prison fence.


Then miraculously, there was one break in the fence, but of course, there is a sign covering half of the stadium!Yes, this is a different angle of the Bird's Nest. This is because my mother and I walked ALL the way around the indescribably large block. It probably took two hours to go all the way around, including a bus ride of which we had no idea where we were going, but we ended up at the stop where we started about an hour later.

Here are two nice photos my mom took. Why no fence? We're smart and stuck our camera lens through the fence opening, duh!
What a long, long, foot-tiring day. I know, I'm complaining too much, but it's true...Californians don't walk enough! But at least I got to finish my day with a nice mani/pedi...but was ripped off because I payed an American price! Oh well. I will find another place, oh wait...I already have. :)

I just want to note: LOOK AT THE BLUE SKIES! Didn't I tell you how amazing the weather is in Beijing? My mother states that it's because she has wonderful luck whilst traveling and always encounters beautiful weather. I really hope this isn't the case, because this means I will endure heavy rain, thunder, lightning... the whole shebang when she leaves this Friday; knowing my luck.

Tomorrow is a mystery and I can't wait what it brings. I'm sure destiny brings fried scorpions into the picture, since it is what my mother has been dying to try. Not sure if I am willing to try it. I guess I'll see when I ... see it! At this moment, it is sending jitters down my spine. Time to go eat my bowl of cup noodles!

All the way from Sexy Beijing,
赵凯珊

Sexy Beijing: http://www.sexybeijing.tv/new/default.aspx

7 comments on "September the First"

Anonymous said...

Really nice pictures. At least you can be reminded of one of your favorite TV shows with all that prison fence around. Maybe they locked it down because they thought you were trying to host the Kitty Olympics without permission.

Those buildings look amazing. I hope to see them in person one day. It sure sets high standards for London.

I bet your mom wants to go to Hong Kong to see the equestrian facilities.

Post some pics of the cool food you eat, ok?

Danni on September 1, 2008 at 11:08 PM said...

RSS feed this! I'm lazy!

Cassie Chao on September 1, 2008 at 11:15 PM said...

how do i do that?

Danni on September 1, 2008 at 11:18 PM said...

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/creating-rss-feed-for-your-blogspot-blog/

Hopefully that should help. I have to shower and get ready for work, but I'll see if I can help you in a little bit!

Cassie Chao on September 1, 2008 at 11:24 PM said...

still kinda lost.
isnt it just www.chaosinchinese.blogspot.com/atom.xml ?

Danni on September 1, 2008 at 11:32 PM said...

Hahahaha,h I suck at life. Yes.

contester on September 3, 2008 at 9:01 AM said...

Hi Cassie,

just wanted to let your mom know that I read your blog. Your mom did a good job raising you!

Did you eat the scorpions on a stick?

best wishes, dara

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez