Saturday, February 21, 2009

I got a JOB!

Posted by Cassie Chao at Saturday, February 21, 2009
Hey all,

So today was pretty eventful.
I woke up at 7:30am for a phone interview with Nordstrom CA at 8. Found out that it was the only interview I would have with them and I find out mid-March if I am accepted or not.
Then I met with the CEO of JUCCCE, at a hair salon...because she was getting her hair done.
Of course, I went expecting to interview for an internship position, but right when I got there, she started having me take notes for an event coming up in Shanghai for me to plan. Apparently, she just hired me as an event planning general manager. I am planning an event for 100+ VIPs from the States and China, sponsors including Pricewaterhouse, McKinsey, IBM, the list going on.
As much as I am excited, I'm also quite nervous. I have planned events before, but not for such high ranking peeps. I hope I can juggle this as well as my school work, which fortunately hasn't been too overwhelming. My Google calendar is going to LOVE me...because it will finally be used intensely.

After my meeting at the hair salon, she had her driver drive me to meet Amber on Book street, where she and I just browsed at books, and I bought a few postcards for all you special people back in the States. Be expecting a postcard in the next few.....months...maybe never because the mail service is oh so trust worthy.

Amber and I ended up on food street or 小吃街。 Ok, so I was stupid and saw oysters (I die for seafood) and decided to buy two...so yes, I did get a little sick, but Pepto saved my life for the second time this week. I'll just say my excuse for eating these things is to build my stomachs immune system! We got some lamb and beef chuan(r) too. But of course, we decided to get some froyo too from cefiora (an italian brand of pinkberry) and eat it at the same time...That definitely did not help the stomach ache.

So the subway ride home was not the most fun, but we took a Rickshaw from our subway stop back to our apartment for 6 kuai (<1USD) but it was scary as ever! But I guess, also fun. I would definitely take one again...if you wanted to give me a helmet first...maybe a seatbelt...and a life insurance plan.

Right when we got back, we went downstairs one floor to Tim's apt where he was hosting Lindsey G's birthday pre-party. Of course they all went out to M2, where I was planning on going tonight, but work calls! So, HAPPY BDAY LINDSEY.

Anyway, that's it for today. I have some stuff for JUCCCE to work on already, as well as a long shower, and finally I can hit the sack. It's been a long day, but most definitely an eventful one.

2 comments on "I got a JOB!"

Unknown on February 24, 2009 at 8:25 AM said...

i knew you could do it! you got a great job, girlfriend!

xo on February 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM said...

good luck with the planning!! that's crazy, you got the job before you even knew it ;P hahah. congrats!!

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez