Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Posted by Cassie Chao at Saturday, February 14, 2009
So, I'll tell you that my Valentine's day did not start off how I would have liked. But, as they say, poop happens. However, I did have a phone interview with Nordstrom in Seattle this morning and was offered a second interview on the spot. I guess that was a saving grace as I was still upturned by the horrible night I had the night before, of Friday the 13th. I'll just say my eyes are still puffy from the distraught. Long-distance relationships are tough, but if they are worth it, happiness will come at the end.

Tonight, a few of us ladies are heading to Xintiandi, the expat area, to buy a Raspberry Love biscuit, that Amber has been drooling over in the "That's Shanghai" magazine. The ex-pat area is gorgeous by night, so expect many pictures coming your way. Although my heart has sank from what seems like "marital" issues, the night on the town with my lovely ladies will keep my mood upbeat. I'm not sure if we'll have dinner out there because it is quite pricey for us "Chinese" students, so maybe we'll just eat their for dessert. I am kind of expecting a) the biscuit is overpriced or b) it doesn't taste as good as it looks or c)both.

This is for the men out there, treat your woman right tonight. What the heck, treat her right all the time. You don't want to end up lonely and in love like the rest of us over here in the Tonghe apartments. Guard their heart, because although us women are a fickle species, we ALWAYS like to be treat right. Sweet dreams and Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comments on "Valentine's Day"

xo on February 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM said...

Oh gosh, Xintiandi is indeed expensive.. I could only window shop there. Hahaha. Congrats on the second interview, and hope you're feeling better! :)

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez