Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Test in Shanghai

Posted by Cassie Chao at Thursday, February 19, 2009
So I've been in Shanghai for a little over two weeks now, and have already switched Chinese classes, managed to get a bad haircut, and have become stressed to the max. Of course, I should be studying for my first Chinese test of the semester. I have been, but I think it's time for a break. I've been studying for the past hour and I came up with the most genius idea to decorate my wall. I'm in China...why not decorate my wall with sticky notes of Chinese vocab, grammar, and idioms. Haha!! After putting up one week's worth of words and sentences, I don't think that I'll be able to fit the entire semester up on my wall. Although it is my plan and I might just be put into the Guinness book of world records for most Chinese sticky notes placed on a wall. I will have to post a picture:

Doesn't it look like the periodic table...in Chinese?

Anyway. I am still trying to get an internship while I am here. I have had some luck with JUCCCE, Joint US-China Cooperative for Cleaner Energy, a fairly new company with a sky rocketing market plan. I'm meeting with the CEO on Saturday at some coffee shop, at a subway stop I've never been to, so tomorrow after my Chinese test, I'm going on an adventure to find this place, so I won't get lost on Saturday!

Well, I thought I should post, since I had a little free time (haha) and I was just proud of myself for my ingenious idea of making some wall decor that was beneficial to my studies.

在见for now. oops I mean 再见...thanks Angela. BAHAHA.

1 comments on "First Test in Shanghai"

xo on February 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM said...

haha, your wall reminds me of Weien's and Luke's room, using our vocab from class as wall decorations.

oh yeah..
"在见for now."
Cassie, now, really?!?!?!!? Hahhaha!

Good luck on the test!

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez