Monday, February 9, 2009

Latern Festival

Posted by Cassie Chao at Monday, February 09, 2009
Happy Lantern Festival, all. Although I wish I were out in People's Square tonight, I'm going onto my 5th hour of homework right now. Ergo, I must keep this post quite short. First day of classes went surprisingly quickly. I went from bottom of Advanced 400 class in Beijing to top of the Advanced 500 class in Shanghai. Already learned some of the things in the book from last semester, however the homework is so much more extensive and is all busy work, but it's helping!

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight because there are so many fireworks going off nearby, causing car alarms to sound as well. HELLOOOO, I AM A CARRRRR - Dane Cook.

Went to Wal-Mart today, for basic needs. Of course, stopped along the way at Tea Storm, a franchise Pearl Milk Tea shop. Had my usual Milk Green tea, but had some awesome green tea pearls this time. Had dinner with Amber, Lindsey, Eric and Jake and only spent 5RMB (~75cents?) on dinner, which consisted of XiaoLongBao, JiaoZi, and eggrolls.

Bought a phone today too! Suggestion to those who lose phones quickly, as I do: Buy a used phone from the side of the road (chances are they are lost, aka stolen phones) So today, I bought a nice motorola phone, color screen, slider with the SIM card for 260 kuai (~40bucks) when other ppl went to "legit" stores and bought theirs for 400RMB and was a very simple heyday phone, black text and nothing special. Just word to the wise, from the wise!

Lantern & Fireworks love from the far east!


From Shanghai

1 comments on "Latern Festival"

xo on February 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM said...

wwwhhhaattt, you were never at the bottom of our class! you were one of the top kids!

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez