Thursday, March 5, 2009

Relax. Take it Easy.

Posted by Cassie Chao at Thursday, March 05, 2009
Hello comrades!

I am currently sitting in Politics class typing this little brief about my past two weeks. Life has been hectic! Who knew that part time work would surmount to every last free minute of my time being consumed? I certainly didn't. Although, I am gaining the best experience out of any job I have ever had. Currently, I'm working on site location, invitations and contact lists, and budgetary planning for our event. And of course, as all tasks are-- uncertain, JUCCCE changes the date of our event...to my FINALS week! Talk about being overwhelmed.

I had a 2 hour conference call yesterday morning, since Economics was canceled. Then had another hour conference call in the afternoon. Didn't get much accomplished because I pretty much had to teach one of the directors how to use "Smart Sheet" (an online organizer, database, file sharing) over the phone! That took up most of the time. Fortunately, I am getting a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. I have taken a look at our contact list and noticed a lot of high-level managers coming to this event. Glad to know that I am the first to contact them about the event, and the first to receive their response. Networking!

As for some more good news, I found the REAL fake market. Haha, oxymoron. This place looks like a deparment store on the outside, but inside, it is identical to Beijing's Silk Market, minus the hoards of foreigners. Of course, it is still a tourist trap, but prices start MUCH lower than in Beijing. So...I bought 5 LeSportSac bags:a computer bag with a computer sleeve for 55RMB (~$8), a large overnight bag for 40RMB (~$6) and 3 pocket bags...wait actually 4, each 5RMB (less than $1). They have clothing, designer bags, sunglasses, jewelry, the list goes on. I also had to buy a rain jacket, so I bought a knock off Peak Performance. Their fake North Face sucked...but then I heard real North Face isn't that great either, so I went with Peak. Great purchase too, around $10.

This morning, had a Chinese test, I know...on a Thursday. Waited for my teacher to correct my test, and I got a 93...one point better than last time! Although... we had maybe 100 vocab phrases, and I memorized how to write all of them... so I'm pretty proud of myself...You should see what my wall looks like now! I will take a photo in about a week or two when it's more sticky noted. I'm pretty happy with that score, since I was woken up by Kellogg at 5 AM THIS MORNING, for a second interview, which is tonight at midnight. SUPER. At this point, I realize I do best on interiews if I DON'T prepare. I get the 2nd interviews when I wing it and act myself, not rehearsed. We'll see how it goes, maybe I'll be spending summer in Los Angeles. Still hoping for Nordstrom's in Seattle, HQ baby! Don't hear from them until mid-March though.

For a treat, tonight we're going to watch 2 episodes of Band of Brothers. I LOVE THIS SHOW! Sad to know there is only 1 season.

Tomorrow morning, we're heading out to Nanjing for the weekend. Not exactly sure what we'll be doing there...but I'm sure it'll be a nice break from work! I'll make sure to watch my things, unlike in Xi'an. I'll probably be celebrating my birthday in Nanjing, since my birthday is this upcoming Monday...boo, I have class on my birthday.

It's okay. I get the best present of all. Mike is coming out in 10 days! My parents shipped a brand new macbook for him to bring out to me too. Thank you mom & dad! I love you! Happy birthday to me.

That's all for now...haha so this post was not so brief.

1 comments on "Relax. Take it Easy."

xo on March 7, 2009 at 1:43 PM said...

OMG, that's so awesome, Nanjing! I wanted to stop by there, my friend absolutely loves it there. I will get there one day..! Tell me how it is! And yeah, watch your wallet ;P Haha.

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez