Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bye Bye Break

Posted by Cassie Chao at Sunday, April 05, 2009
So, spring break is coming to a close, and I have not really "relaxed" this entire time. As much as I wanted to get away from the Shanghai pollution, destiny had me stay right where I am. On Monday, Amber and I discussed going to Sanya in Hai Nan Dao, a beautiful region of China, a southern island in the South China Sea. Unfortunately, we checked the weather forecast, and most of the time it was going to be raining with thunderstorms. Even though the tickets to Sanya were cheap, there was no way I was going to spend money on a vacation in a hostel.

Then, we thought about going to HangZhou, which was definitely more plausible, considering you can purchase a train ticket the same day, and it only takes an hour or two to get from Shanghai to HZ. But of course, just my luck. When I went to the ATM machine, the machine rejected my card...even though I have plenty of money in the bank. I called B of A for 3 days but they kept saying that my card was fine, and so was my account. So after Mike left, I was left with 50RMB...so I had to survive off of that amount for four days...Some days I only had one meal and usually it was from sketch alley.

Didn't really do anything eventful except go to a CD release party for a Shanghai band called "HardQueens". At first, the cover band made me feel like I wasted my time and money going, but once HardQueens began to play, I really enjoyed it, minus all the smoke in a completely fire-hazardous club. The music was like punk-rockish Beach Boys. It definitely reminded me of being back in California, where I hear the weather is beautiful right now. Extremely jealous.
Didn't really accomplish much this break, except for submit maybe 10 more internship apps which I will probably get denied, oh wait, already have within the week, lame. I know that I have one already, but who knows what other opportunites there are.

Got hooked on Gossip Girl, which was NOTHING how I expected the show to be, instead it's much better than I imagined. Got hooked on Scrubs too; guess it was a week of new addictions.

The weather forecast for Shanghai is sunny this next week, in the high 60's and tomorrow it will be a high of 70! Pretty excited for the heat, but definitely not the humidity.

I should probably head to bed, considering there is class in the morning...lame since it's a Chinese national holiday tomorrow, and yet my CHINESE teachers, will still be teaching.

Ok. Off to rest.

0 comments on "Bye Bye Break"

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez