Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bronzed and Back on Track

Posted by Cassie Chao at Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Well, it's about time for another post. It's been a week since I last indulged you in my physical well-being. I haven't been so well, considering I still have a crazy cough and can't sleep at night sometimes because of it. The doc is definitely too far away, so I don't think its worth it, since he's probably just going to say I have a bacteria infection. As of now, I'm doing well, fortunately, no cold symptoms.

Over the weekend, I met up with my mom's cousin's family. Yay for relatives and Hongbao (Red envelopes= $) Let's just say I probably don't have to visit the ATM any time soon. I met my grandpa's older brother, and they look so much alike! They talk and act the same, too! Learned a lot of family history about my grandpa's family as well. Quite interesting.

Yesterday, we only had an hour of class, and Alliance took us on a field trip to Shanghai's Flower Port. When we got there, I felt I like I was in the Netherlands rather than Shanghai. There was a plethora of tulips, all colors, and all hybrids (stood oddly tall). Spent the day there, and they finally dropped us off back home around 5pm. Ate some MaLa Tang for dinner, then proceeded with next weeks homework.

We got a new book for Chinese class, filled with surpisingly interesting topics. Our first lesson is about the KFC franchise in China and how it is prospering. Our second lesson is going to be about Starbucks. Finally, a good and funfilled textbook!

The weather has just been PERFECT in Shanghai. Today was encroaching on 80 degrees, just a tad bit humid, but nice and sunny. I definitely got my bronze back on, and somewhat of a tan line :( boo. I hate tan lines. Shannon, Charlotte and I went to a travel agency to purchase our train tickets to Hangzhou, which saved us a long trip to the Shanghai South Railway station. Then, I got some passionfruit green tea with coconut jelly and pearls to enjoy out in the sun where I studied for my test and Shannon, Eric, Kyle, and Mike threw a frisbee around.

S, C, and I are taking a train to Hangzhou (about an hour and a half by bullet train). We decided to couch surf this trip because there were no more hostels open. We figure the living situation would be the same if we were in a hostel, but this would be much more comfortable. We're staying with a 23 year old American female who loves boating and art events, sweeet! I will let you know how my first couch surfing experience goes.

I better get back to studying since tonight Shannon, Amber, her two friends from back home, and I are going to Volar to get free manicures and free martinis (I'm in for the manicures) for their Fashion Industry Night promotion.

Tata for now.

0 comments on "Bronzed and Back on Track"

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez