Friday, June 5, 2009

The End...

Posted by Cassie Chao at Friday, June 05, 2009
So, for the past month and a half, Blogspot was blocked by the Chinese government. Who knows why, but then again, who knows why the Chinese government does anything that they do? Anyway, I am back home and attempting to recover from jet lag. It's going alright. I still have to update about my Yunnan trip...which I wrote half of until China decided to block my blog!

Just as an brief update, I completed my papers and Chinese exams with flying colors. The rest of my stay in Shanghai was pleasurable and relaxing. The Shanghai heat was soothing and although humid, I enjoyed it very much. I will miss all the friends I made and there is no doubt that I will be seeing many of them shortly.

As a conclusion to my year abroad, I would recommend an experience like this to ANYONE. I had the time of my life and learned so much about Chinese culture: lifestyle, customs, etc... I would not trade this year that I had for any other experience. Sure, I missed a season of ice hockey, and a year with my Smithies, but when will I be able to study in a different country again? When else would I meet other college students with the identical travel bug.

If you were to ask for a one word description of my year abroad, it would be...WOW.


My besties. Amber & Shannon

All the photos from the below slide shows can be found on my Picasa site: http://picasaweb.google.com/cassandra.chao


Slide Shows:
Trip to Suzhou



Last Week in Shanghai

2 comments on "The End..."

Andrea on July 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49wM4OhYxcA

tiananmen square massacre anniversary led to a LOT of censorship. i actually randomly came across your blog today. and i randomly saw that link yesterday. haha. :]

hey so maybe i'll see you sunday at jon's bbq, haha.

david santos on April 11, 2010 at 3:02 AM said...

have a nice weekend.

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez