Friday, October 17, 2008

Brief Update

Posted by Cassie Chao at Friday, October 17, 2008
Hello again, it's been exactly 10 days since I've last post, and I realize I'm not doing too well with this blog. However, there really hasn't been much that has happened since my last post. I got my first Chinese test back- Yay for the 94.5%! I actually just had another test today. The only time crunch I feel is writing the 400 character essay in less than an hour. Today's topic was about vegetarians, how interesting, right?

Anyhow, over the weekend we went to Summer Palace, which was actually quite beautiful considering its the dead of fall. I actually figure that Beijing is much more beautiful in the Autumn time. Apparently, it is the best season in Beijing, but does not last long. I will take pictures of my campus, which is absolutely gorgeous this time of year. Remind me!

This weekend should be pretty eventful. My language partner and Eric's language partner are taking a few of us Alliance kids to the "Fragrant Mountains" to go hiking. Once again, this is a beautiful scenic spot near Beijing which relies on the beauty of fall. Don't worry, I'll be sure to snap a few shots. On Sunday, I'm going to watch Eric's language partner play some college basketball. We'll see how eventful a Chinese college basketball game is. She said that her team is short, perhaps I can pretend to play although I don't see why they'd want me to, hah.

All this talk about sports is really making me miss hockey, and my Smith hockey team. As much as I can't wait to play with them again, I can't bear the fact of leaving China. I have truly fallen in love with this city. Perhaps it's because the urban structuring is constantly changing. Honestly, I think I've seen 4 places, near my school, get demolished and rebuilt in the past few weeks. Each of which took less that a week to rebuild. China doesn't play around!

Another hype: Twilight. So, Mike and I went to the big XiDan bookstore earlier this week and saw, yes, my loved Twilight. I was ready to buy a copy for Laura and Mike picked up his own copy. Point of the story being, they both love it so far, so Weien and I are so happy we've converted two more! Stephenie Meyer would be so proud.

I think that's about it for this post.



0 comments on "Brief Update"

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez