Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Days Later

Posted by Cassie Chao at Friday, August 29, 2008
August 28, 2008
Well, nothing much has changed since the last time I posted, just two towels and a few pairs of shoes more packed than two days ago. I still have a lot more items that need to be stuffed into what I thought was a big luggage, you know the bright yellow one I was writing about. Unfortunately, my two biggest fans, my big Hello Kitty and my little Hello Kitty, are having some difficulty fitting into these compartments. Sanrio was not very bright in designing Hello Kitty as a travel companion. Although these two plush dolls have traveled everywhere with me since the age of 3, I still find them very inconvenient to pack. At least their heads didn't grow as I grew older, otherwise the over-head compartment or the "under the seat" in "front" of you compartment would no long be an option, and I would have to result in purchasing them both one seat to sit in. They've gotten lucky before, on the trip to Japan on the...HELLO KITTY AIRPLANE! Will requested I post photos...so here's my first one.I don't think two days has really helped me prepare anything mentally. I'm still not 100% aware that I'm going to China for four months. The only question on my mind is: DO I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY? The obvious answer in my head is yes, but c'mon, China is where everything is made and for dirt cheap, my money will disintegrate into the Chinese black market GDP in no time! Lets talk legal stores for the public time being... You thought WalMart was great in America, imagine the WalMart in China! Okay, so maybe they don't have Cheez-its, but they'll certainly have those Lychee gummy balls with the fun risk factor of choking on them or swallowing them whole. Yummy! Naturally, a lot of those gummy candy lead to intestinal problems, but I'm sure they will hold me over while I find food that doesn't upset my stomach.

Glad I got a few comments last time. I would definitely like to see more questions about experiences that I have, should, and will encounter. It's obvious I had nothing new to write in this post...just more rambling and it will get more boring the less people want to know! Keep your thoughts coming and I will keep my posts updated!

Love, from the last time in the States. Zai Jian!

3 comments on "Two Days Later"

ms07042 on August 29, 2008 at 11:45 AM said...

I couldn’t help wanting to write another comment for your new post because I have this elderly and nurturing kind of love toward you, I guess. When I first read your blog theme title, I figured I understood WHY you had that title; but after reading your updated “Definition”, I felt so bad for you, in the meantime wanting to laugh about how you described the incidence. You poor kid! How cruel was that other little girl who scarred you for life about your last name! But, how unfortunate that a simple monosyllable Chinese name would be so difficult for some non-Chinese to pronounce!

How come your learning of Chinese can be divided between two different cities? Does the program go thru the same university or language institute? What kind of program is that? Are you fluent in speaking Mandarin Chinese? By the way, have you declared your major yet? Have I asked enough questions? I know your parents will be happy to see me trying hard to motive you to write; you know we are in “I Tiao Xin”.

“I Lu Shuen Fong”!

ms07042 on August 29, 2008 at 11:50 AM said...

I am trying hard to motivate you to write! :)

Cassie Chao on August 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM said...

Well I wasn't scarred for life, because I definitely love that nickname, it suits me well. Other than that, it surprised me because she WAS Chinese. I grew up in a very Asian neighborhood.

As for all your questions, I will answer a few, but I don't want to write too much about myself other than the experiences to come. Most of the people this blog was meant for know my background, so its great to have other readers, but I'm not going to put too much info about myself out there! Sorry, but thanks for the interest.

 

Chaos in Chinese Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez